Ryde Bridge, also known as Uhrs Point Bridge, carries Concord Road over the Parramatta River linking the northern suburb of Ryde with the inner west suburb of Rhodes. It comprises of a steel truss vertical-lift bridge (northbound) and a concrete fixed-span bridge (southbound). The original Ryde Bridge opened in 1935 as a lift bridge, which allowed shipping to reach the State Timber Yard. The lifting mechanism was later removed and the second concrete bridge crossing opened in 1988. This view from the boardwalk at Ryde Wharf Reserve.